This picture was taken at the beginning of a period that started this Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. I've always loved that story about Alexander and his day and today I felt like Alexander. Nothing went right and it was just an odd day.
So, leading up to this day, Emalyn had been pulling on her ear and Sunday morning had a fever so I took her to the urgent care and found out she had an ear infection. They put her on amoxicillin and she was fussy, and wanted only Mommy, but she was on meds and I figured she'd be better soon. Monday she was even more fussy and just not herself. Tuesday she broke out in a rash all over her body. I wasn't sure if it was from the antibiotic, the fact that she had raspberry yogurt for the first time, had motrin for the first time, or if it was from the 90 plus temperature with crazy humidity, or if it was teething. She was still quite fussy and tried to be happy, but she just wasn't herself. I figured I'd wait another day to see if it went away. So here's the story of my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day:
-She woke up at 5:20 crying very loudly. She's usually very happy when she wakes up.
-I was trying to feed her cereal with fruit for breakfast but she wasn't really interested in it. She messed her diaper and I was shocked to find it was pretty much black water ALL over the place. Thankfully Cade was around to get me a bag to put the ruined pjs, wipes, and diaper in. I actually ran out of wipes cleaning her and Cade ran upstairs to get me another package of wipes. Then Cade ran up to tell Brett to stay in the shower because Emalyn would be coming for a shower soon.
-After the shower, her rash was out of control (dr. said b/c of the heat)and she soon fell asleep for almost an hour. I so badly wanted to take a nap and was going to lay down when Maddi and Cade left for school. As luck would have it, she woke up 2 minutes before they left for school. So much for sleep...
-I took her to the dr. and he's pretty sure she is/was having an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin. He said her ear is clear so need to put her on another antibiotic. He said it's possible it was roseola too, but he's leaning toward the reaction to the medicine. She threw the biggest fit with back arched and all when the dr. was checking her ears and rash. Certainly not my sweet girl I've known for 6 months. Dr. said usually babies who arch their back at this age are stubborn and strong willed down the road. Say it ain't so.
-So the afternoon continues with her napping for 45 minutes every hour or so and being like velcro to me when she's awake. She ruined another outfit with another nasty diaper. (I totally stink at laundry and getting stains out and when clothes are too nasty, I toss them out.)
-After taking Cade to swimming, I was just driving down the street when I heard a loud sound and realized my passenger side mirror was hanging down. The wires that hold it on to adjust it were attached, but the mirror part was hanging. Maybe I hit a mailbox with my mirror, but I really don't think so. The mirror is cracked, does that mean I have 7 years of bad luck? It was just so weird, I have no idea what happened.
-So Maddi and I went to Culver's for their school fundraiser. She and I ate and I ordered Cade's dinner for him to eat between swimming and baseball. I threw our tray in the trash and it felt really heavy when I dumped it. A few minutes later I was looking for Cade's meal and I realized I had dumped his meal in the trash with our tray. I think I'm losing my mind!
-I had to teach a class at the gym tonight and the child care is close to the room I teach in. I heard little miss screaming her lungs out the whole time I was teaching. I feel so bad for her and really hope she starts to feel better soon.
It wasn't an awful day, but it was the most challenging day I've had with her. I know we are fortunate to have a happy and relaxed baby and today I am even more thankful for all of the easy days we've had. I really hope she's back to herself soon, but until then, I guess I'll be flattered that she loves her mommy so much that I'm the only thing that can make her happy!
Oh yeah, how could I forget!?! I nearly stepped on a mouse as I was walking in the grass barefoot this afernoon! Nasty....
1 comment:
Oh my gosh that is an awful day! How scary with Emalyn too. I love that book too and we just read it again right before I read this. Today can only be better, I sure would hope!
Post a Comment