We started the day with presents from brother, sister, and grandparents.
Emalyn didn't know how to unwrap and Maddi and Cade were eager to help her out.
Cade adores his little sister. I am still amazed at how great Cade is with her. I really just wasn't sure what Cade would think of having a baby sister and he has been everything I hoped he'd be and more.
Of course big brother and sister were happy to play with her new toys with her. I knew Maddi would be a great big sister and she has been wonderful. Emalyn is a lucky little baby!
Maddi was showing Emma how to walk the doggy to make it bark.
Then it was time to get ready for the First Birthday Party!
We had a few friends over to celebrate the big day. One of Emalyn's gifts from us was the crab pool filled with balls. Emma liked this gift, but Cade can't stop playing with it. I think it was his idea to take the crab upstairs and dump the balls over the stairs.
Here come the balls....
...and more balls!
So fun! I bought the balls on clearance after Christmas for around $2.00 thinking I'd save them for her first birthday. I bought the crab swimming pool on clearance at Target this summer for $1.84. I thought she might like the pool in the summer, but then decided to use the pool for the balls. I think it was the best $4.00 or $5.00 I've ever spent! Every one of the kids loved playing and throwing those balls around.
She was not a fan of the birthday hat, but she held it on her head long enough for a picture. Poor girl has too many chins to wear the elastic strap! It reminded me of when we put a hat on Maddi at her first birthday and it popped her chins. For the next year or so at any party Maddi would say "no, no" when she'd see a party hat!
Time for the cupcake and candle for the big one year old.
I think she was thinking about what to wish for...
Maddi helped Emalyn by taking the wrapper off the cupcake.
Cade helped by giving Emalyn a bite to entice her to eat some more and get messy!
After a bite she decided to dig in!
All the kids enjoying their cupcakes.
A happy girl!
You go girl.
Making a nice big mess.
Our little family of 5 on a special day!
Most of the cupcake has been devoured.
I love this baby girl so much!
And baby girl loves mommy and wanted to give me a cupcake kiss. A kiss only a mommy could love!
Time to clean her off!
Ellie and Emma playing with the puppy. In a few months these girls will be best of friends.
We sent the kids out to the trampoline to burn off some energy.
Play time. Notice the balls all over the house...
After nap time she opened the gifts from her friends.
A serious drummer.
One more picture of me and my sweet baby. As big of a surprise she was, she has been an even bigger blessing. We can't imagine life without her. I just wish we could freeze time and keep her this age. We hope you had a very happy first Birthday! We love you!!!!
I had to throw in this picture of crazy Cade. He didn't know Brett was taking his picture. He can't stay away from the balls and he seemed to enjoy Emma's new drum set quite a bit. Ha ha! I think he'll always enjoy having a younger sister so he can play with her toys. I guess he's just a little playful kid at heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment