Four random things for your Friday:
1. The geese are coming. One of my favorite things about living here are the geese. In the fall they head south and I love to hear them coming from inside the house. When I hear them I look out the window to watch the swarms flying by in their formations. They are fascinating. Now they are starting to come back from the south. This only give me hope that spring is coming soon. I remember last spring here there were geese all over the place and they had their babies all over the place. We even saw a mama with her babies parading through the grocery store parking lot. Come on geese, come on north and bring the warm southern weather with you!
2. My mom said it was 92 degrees in San Antonio Monday. That's INSANE! As much as I'd like to pack the coats, boots, gloves, hats, etc. away I really don't miss HOT February days. 92 is probably one of the warmest days we had this summer.
3. Maddi has her first dance competition this weekend. She only has one dance on Saturday and the rest on Sunday. That means doing her hair and make up twice. Ugh! She is very nervous, but excited. I can't wait to see how they do.
4. Were any of you obsessed with glasses as a kid? I remember really wanting glasses. I also really wanted a broken bone so I could have a cast too. I got the cast and found out it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. Thankfully I've never had the glasses or contacts. Maddi had told her teacher, nurse, dance teachers and Brett and I that her eyes are burning for several days last week. Then she told me her friend got glasses. Apparently Maddi thinks if your eyes burn, you get glasses. So since the eyes burning shenanigans didn't get her glasses, she has punched out the lenses of sunglasses and she wears them all the time. I refuse to let her wear them in public. I hope for her sake that she has healthy eyes and never really needs glasses.
5. I have a new favorite food. One of my most favorite foods is cinnamon rolls or anything with cinnamon. I have just discovered the cinnamon crunch bagel at Panera Bread. It is to. die. for. It's like a cinnamon roll, yet it's not near the fat and calories of a Cinnabon. My whole family is totally addicted to these bagels. I buy them by the 18 pack and freeze them. We go through them very quickly. Me and the kids don't even toast them, we just eat them plain. But Brett toasts his and it makes the house smell so good when they are toasting. I highly recommend you visit your nearest Panera Bread today and go ahead and get the 18 pack!
1 comment:
Ooooohhh ... good to know about the Panera bagels ... I LOOOOOVE anything cinnamon!! I am going asap to get some! :)
Post a Comment