
Today was Maddi's Company Showcase where the dance company shows off all the dances for the season. Nice hair, huh? This is the "before" picture. It was like an extreme makeover with hair, makeup, jewelry and costume. Cade was watching it all and thought it was quite entertaining.

This is the "after" picture. We even had to glue fake eyelashes which actually went really well. Where is my 7 year old daughter? I know what she'll look like going to prom!

You can tell Cade was thoroughly enjoying himself during the showcase. We got him a new movie and a cartoon for his ipod. He watched his stuff and was quite happy. We'd make him pause the show to watch Maddi's dances. The knock off mp3/video player brought didn't work very well so we ended up buying him the real ipod nano. I wasn't wild about spending that much for a 5 year old, considering I don't even have an ipod. But, it was so worth the money. He will have many dance events to sit through and it makes it less painful for all involved.

This is the "Mambo #5" jazz costume. Cade calls her big bird, isn't that sweet!?!

Me and my little dancing queen. I know I'm a bit biased, but I think she did an awesome job! She has grown so much as a dancer this year. Brett and I were talking about how she used to be so shy and didn't want anyone to look at her when she scored a goal in soccer and now she loves to be up on stage. Dance has given her so much confidence and brought her out of her shell.
I leave you with a video of the beginning of their lyrical dance. Maddi is on the back right as you watch.
2 comments:
I love the photos and video. It also made me VERY happy to see that she is still a little girl and had baby dolls on her bed when she crashed for a nap. It is important for her to stay balanced and not grow up too fast.
Hugs to all of our Oswego family!
Omie
Wow....so glad to see the pics and video (love that song by the way)!
I am very impressed with Maddi's dancing ability...takes after her sweet mama!!
I wish we lived in the same town...our kids would have so much fun together because they are so much alike!! Love ya!!
Post a Comment