Saturday, February 9, 2008

An Exhausting Day

This morning Maddi had dance as usual. I went over the days agenda with Brett about 3 times before I left to sub a class. Brett had to fix Maddi's hair and get her dressed and take her to dance. Then he had to get all of her shoes and tights and hair clips for competition because tomorrow is their Showcase(like a recital of company dances). He tried his best to relay all of the information to me, but I still had to stop by the dance studio to make sure he was correct on everything. Poor guy. I must give him credit though, he's catching on to the whole dance thing.

Then I went up to the kids school to work the Fun Fair from 11-1. He came up to school with the kids when Maddi was finished with dance around 1:00. The kids had a blast playing games, visiting with friends, etc.
This is Cade with a friend of his in the bounce house.

They had a "dad's cake walk". They announced a cake walk round only for the dads and they had the dads dancing and being silly as they walked around. The things parents do for their children!
This is Maddi doing the cake walk. Last year the cake walk was a source of drama in our house. Maddi really wanted to win a cake but never did win, but Cade won a chocolate cake. Maddi doesn't like chocolate cake and she was upset about not winning a vanilla cake for a week.
This year she won!!! And it was a pink cake with valentine hearts and red hots. Talk about one happy little girl. When the day was over we had won 3 cakes (the pink one, a chocolate cake, and a carrot cake). Maddi had also won 6 treasure jars (bags or jars filled with treats, pencils, etc.) and we ended up with 6 vouchers for free goldfish (just what we need). We stayed until the end and they were getting rid of all the prizes. The kids had a BLAST. When we got home I cut the cakes and made plates of cake slices for our neighbors. We do not need 3 cakes along with all the other candy/junk they won today. If we are going to get fat from cake, our neighbors are going to get fat with us!
Around 5:00 tonight I was at the grocery store and Brett couldn't find Maddi. Cade and Brett were looking all over for her and found her asleep in her bed! She was writing/drawing in her book that's under her head and she fell asleep. Poor girl must have been wiped!
Since it was only 5:00, Brett woke her up to eat dinner, bathe, etc. She's in bed now, but she's not asleep yet. It's such a catch 22. She's so tired she needs a nap, but if she naps she's up all night. Hopefully she'll fall asleep soon because she is incredibly excited about tomorrow.

I've still got to check her costumes for loose crystals and glue them down and get all of the different pieces for each costume organized into bags. I just finished tacking down her tutu to her dress for the tap dance. Who knew I could be so crafty!?! The things you learn to do when you are forced to learn.

No comments: