Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday at our Casa

1. A Girl and Her Dog......Cocoa is protecting Maddi while she sleeps (Maddi with vomit bowl are in the background of the picture). Friday around midnight we were awoken by Maddi vomiting in the hallway and in our room on her way to tell us she needs to throw up. I swear this girl needs her vomit bowl as an accessory in her room so she can just use it as needed. Poor Maddi (and Mom and Dad) barely slept a wink between midnight and 5:00 am. She was very sick to her stomach and had a fever. Today, Saturday, I carried her to the couch around 10:00 am where she stayed until 4:00pm when Brett carried her to the bathroom. She walked back to the couch and stayed there until 6:45pm when Brett carried her back to her room. She spent most of the day taking sips of fluids and late afternoon she was actually showing signs of life. She then ate part of a blueberry bagel only to have it come back up and started feeling miserable again around sunset. I hope she has the 24 hour bug and wakes up tomorrow feeling like herself again.
2. A boy and his Legos......Cade spent most of the day like he spends every day....building with Legos! He is a Lego-maniac and I'm pretty sure his mission is to drive me crazy leaving Lego creations all over the house. This photo shows one of his projects from this morning he left out all over the play room. God love him, the poor guy woke up at 6:00am bright eyed and bushy tailed as always. I gave him some "lovins" and then asked him to go downstairs and play because me, Maddi and Brett were up all night with Maddi's tummy troubles. Sweet boy took off downstairs and started building with Legos while watching Cartoon network. Around 7:30 he came up asking if he could eat breakfast and helped himself to an uncooked pop tart and water. Call me "mother of the year". Finally around 8:30 I made myself get out of bed and joined Cade downstairs. He was invited over to a friend's house and he was so great about letting us sleep in that I didn't make him clean up his Lego's before he left. So, they'll be waiting for him to play with in the morning.

3. A dad and his Golf....Brett spent most of the day watching golf (is there anything more boring on tv?), practicing his swing, and cleaning his golf clubs. There is a new place that opened here in December that has glow in the dark putt putt golf but also simulated golf. Brett went with a friend to play 18 holes of golf tonight. Poor guy is going crazy not being able to play golf for so many months of the year. There are also indoor golf ranges (inside big bubblish igloo type things) but the simulated golf is like playing at a real course. It's a whole different world up north.

4. A mom and her Memories....I'm going a little stir crazy myself after staying home all day with a sick child on the couch. When Brett left tonight I decided to tackle cleaning out the guest bedroom. Between the kids playing with gift wrap in there, sorting out the kids clothes I need to donate, stuff from Maddi's room redo all over, etc., it needed some organizing. A few weeks ago the kids were playing in there and knocked over a box of pictures and I started looking through them as I organized them. They were from 2004 and Maddi was 3 and Cade was 1 1/2 years old. They were so precious. They have grown and changed so much, yet they are still so much the same, just in bigger bodies.

2 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

Oh, poor Maddi! I hope she is feeling better by now!!

amy said...

Bless Maddi's sweet heart and yours....nothing worse than a stomach bug! Hope's she up and about by now!!