
We played tourists in downtown San Antonio. We walked down memory lane and showed the kids Frost Bank where both of my parents worked when they were young and where I worked as a teller and "information girl" during 2 summers in college. Then we ate at my FAVORITE Mexican Restaurant. It was just as yummy as I remember. Then we walked the Riverwalk to the Alamo. We stopped for photos like a true tourist along the way.

Omie and Maddi and Cade paused for a photo inside the Hyatt Regency. The Hyatt on the Riverwalk is where Brett and I had our wedding reception 10 years ago (almost 10 years, May 30th is the big day). We went back to the ballroom to show the kids where we had our reception. Then the kids favorite part of the day was riding the glass elevators up and down to the highest floor. It's the little things that make a difference to kids.

Brett and I were reinacting a cheesy pose that we had taken at our reception. They still have the same crazy carpet they had 10 years ago and we still look like goofballs in "the pose".

In 10 years our love has grown and so has our family! Brett, Maddi and Cade are everything I dreamed of 10 years ago and so much more. In fact, they are so much more than I could have dreamed that I no longer dream of having 4 or 5 kids. The two I have complete our family perfectly!

At RiverCenter Mall we went in a magic store and the kids went over to the fortune telling machine. They thought the creepy lady in the box was great and they thought the magic tricks they were demonstrating were really cool and wanted to buy them all.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO! There were too many people in line to take the tour inside, but we got our picture our front and then walked in one of the exhibits on the side. Me and my mom tried our best to make up stories as we remembered from school about the Alamo to tell the kids all about what they were seeing in the exhibits. When Brett came by and heard our stories, he was not convinced that we knew what we were talking about. Notice we are wearing tank tops and shorts. Ahhhhh.....80 degrees with sunshine. It was so nice to have warm weather for awhile.

A typical tourist shot on one of the bridges on the Riverwalk.

One of my favorite memories of my dad is this grate on the way to Mexican Manhattan. It blows air out and my dad would always crack up when he stood on it and his shirt would balloon. One time my Aunt Lynn was visiting and we took her to eat downtown and my dad had her stand on the grate. She was very surprised when her skirt blew up over her head. My dad and her were cracking up and I just thought it was so funny that she fell for his trick. The kids thought it was really fun to get all wind blown from the bottom up.
2 comments:
I also recall we went to that hotel before prom?!?!?! I also remember not liking the glass elevators! Some memories are better than others!!!
Hehehehe!
Love all the pics from your visit to Texas!!
I also recall we went to that hotel before prom?!?!?! I also remember not liking the glass elevators! Some memories are better than others!!!
Hehehehe!
Love all the pics from your visit to Texas!!
Post a Comment