Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Surprise Reaction


Tonight while the kids were taking a bath Brett pulled a washcloth out of Cade's mouth. Apparently it was enough to pull Cade's loose tooth out! When I was drying him off from the bath I saw blood coming from his mouth and a big old hole in his mouth. I knew he had a loose tooth, but it wasn't terribly loose. We couldn't find it on the floor so we looked in the tub and luckily it hadn't gone down the drain so we figured it must have come out with the washcloth incident! Cade has been wanting the tooth fairy to visit him so he can have money like Maddi's been getting for her teeth. But now all of a sudden he is TOTALLY freaked out and cried himself to sleep about loosing a tooth and the tooth fairy coming. He thinks he can't talk without his tooth, so he was mumbling that he's afraid he'll smash the tooth when he lays on, he's afraid he'll wake up when the tooth fairy comes and so he won't get money, and he also says he's just afraid of the tooth fairy. I thought he would be so excited to loose his first tooth. You just never know how kids will react. Granted he's exhausted from a fun week and weekend with the Stanley family so this could add to his strange reaction to losing a tooth.

I am so. terribly. sad! I am already having a hard time with my "baby" growing up and now that he's got a big ol gap in his mouth he looks like a really big boy. I just want him to stay little and quit growing so much. I love our kids at their ages and I just really don't want either one to grow up anymore.

No comments: