Sunday, April 6, 2008

The city with 5 kids!!!

So my brother, Todd, and his wife Breezy and boys Blake and Case flew in Tuesday. I watched their kids Wednesday night so Todd and Breezy so could have a night to them selves in the city (which they really need with 3 kids under the age of 3). Thursday morning I loaded all 3 of their kids plus my 2 and we road the train into the city. Yes, I took 5 kids on the train by. my. self. I was a freak show for the 40 minute train ride with everyone wondering why would anyone have so many kids so close together, are they all mine, etc. The kids were AWESOME. People were very helpful with getting the strollers on/off the train and overall it quite easy. Not that I'd do it every day, but this once was very smooth. I woke the kids up, changed their clothes and got them in the car so the kids all ate breakfast on the train and by the time they were finished eating and getting antsy, we were there. Todd and Breezy met us at the train and we had a fun day downtown with them. Cade, Maddi and Case are in this picture above.
This is Blake on the train. The twins are so chilled out which makes everything so much easier.
Here is Maison on the train. Notice I didn't get up out of my seat to get a group shot because that would have caused even more of a scene than we already were. Now that I look back on it, I should have had someone take my picture with all of us sitting together. We were in the handicapped section (I WAS handicapped with 5 kids to one adult) so the boys stayed in their strollers. I could not have done it without Maddi and Cade each pushing a stroller and I carried Maison. I must say that all 5 of them are such good kids!
While in the city we went to the Lego store where Cade got a new Lego set, then we went to the Hello Kitty store where Maison got lipgloss with a bag to carry it in and a backpack. Then Todd took the boys back to the hotel to nap and Cade got played Legos while me and Breezy took the girls to American Girl. Maddi got a Bitty Baby and Maison got Bitty Baby twin boys like her bubbas and a stroller to push them in. The twins in the picture are not her twin babies.
Breezy, Maison, Maddi and Cade enjoyed the subway ride to lunch at Uncle Julio's Hacienda.
They thought they were so big playing around the subway station while we figured out how to get the strollers out of the turnstyle. Traveling with strollers makes you appreciate how difficult it is for handicapped people to get around in wheelchairs.
Uncle Todd with Maddi girl and Maison at the restaurant. After lunch me and the kids headed back to the 'burbs for dance and soccer practice and school on Friday. Todd, Breezy, and the kids stayed downtown and went to the Cubs/Astros game Friday. Todd was so excited to see Wrigley Field and cheer on his Astros.

We always have a blast with all of our families together. Saturday night in the hotel the kids were playing (or beating him up or something) with Uncle Todd on the bed. So many fun memories!

No comments: