Thursday, April 10, 2008

Out of the mouth of Cade

Don't let this sweet, innocent face of Cade fool you! He has a mind of his own and says whatever he thinks. (I wish he didn't get this trait from me!)

Yesterday when I picked him up from school and asked how it went he said, "It was horrible. Amro talked the whole day when the teacher was talking and we had to put our heads down on our desk. All because of Amro. He's horrible. He should just be home schooled!" I have no idea where he came up with that. We do know Alex and Clara, who live in the city and are home schooled, but it's not because they are "bad" kids.

On Tuesday and Friday mornings I take the kids to a neighbor who takes them to school because I teach an aerobics class when school starts. Maddi informed me that on Tuesday Cade went off on the friend and her grandmother about how she is spoiled and doesn't appreciate anything because she always whines for whatever she wants and she gets it. If she keeps acting that way she is going to go to the devil. I was MORTIFIED! I called the grandmother and apologized if Cade was rude to them and she had no idea what I was talking about. Whew. At least he just gave a piece of his mind to the friend. Apparently she wasn't too bothered by it because she didn't start crying and tell her grandmother or anything. We are trying to teach Cade about how the world doesn't revolve around his wishes and obviously he understands and wants to spread the word to others that act like him. I explained to him that it's not our job to judge others and God will do the judging and telling someone they will go to the devil is not his job.

Oh, he reminds me of my brother Cody and is so passionate about many things and will argue his point until you're tired of arguing with him. In the end I guess it's a good trait, but at this point in life it sure makes parenting interesting!

No comments: