Those of you who are parents know that your kids keep you on your toes and you never know what to expect and things don't always go as planned. Tonight I had one of those "ok, what do I say to that" moments.
The kids had their bath and were getting pjs on and Cade came in our room with a winter hat and boxers on.
Me: Take the hat off because it will make you hair crazy tomorrow.
Cade: I don't care if my hair is crazy and it's my hair and I can decide how I want it and it's my hat and I can wear it when I want. (Don't you love the mouth on this kid? sigh.)
Me: Ummm....no, I'm the mom and I tell you what to do and you don't argue with what your parents tell you.
He went back to his room and took off the hat and came back to me and told me he is sleeping in his sleeping bag tonight.
Me: Ok, whatever.
Cade: This time though I'm sleeping on the floor with it.
Me: No, you're sleeping on your bed with it because you won't sleep good on the floor.
Cade: I'll put down pillows and I'll sleep good on the floor with pillows and my sleeping bag on the floor. It's my sleeping bag and I can do whatever I want with it.
Me: I'm the mom and I said no and don't argue with me. When you are an adult you'll understand and you'll tell your kids the same thing and your kids will think they know everything like you do now.
Cade: I do know everything. Ask me a question of something I don't know.
I'm like, whatever, I'm not getting into this with a 5 year old. "Mom, ask me something I don't know the answer to." Ok, fine, what's 500 plus 649? Cade said, "Give me a minute." A few seconds later he comes back and says, "it's 1149." What?!? How does he know that? Me and Maddi were amazed that he knew the answer. I guess I lost that arguement that he doesn't know everything so I need to make the rules. Gotta love a 5 year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment