Friday, April 18, 2008

Four for Friday

1. How cute/funny is this self portrait?!? Cade brought this home from school today and was so proud and I had to contain my laughter. It's so cute with the nose holes, ears, teeth, etc. He obviously got his artistic ability (or lack there of) from his mommy. Brett is actually a very good artist. Things like this are priceless and even I (who throws most things away) will keep this for years to come!

2. Maddi is home from school AGAIN! Ugh...I am so annoyed. She went to school this morning and then I had a voicemail from the substitute school nurse saying that Maddi told her teacher she threw up last night and if in fact she did I need to get her because they have a policy that you have to stay home within 24 hours of throwing up. Well, she did throw up last night, but she is my pukey child. If she eats too much junk or something just doesn't agree with her stomach, she throws up and is running around again normal. That's what happened last night before bed. This morning she was running around, eating, totally normal. So, I told the office she is going to miss a whole lot of school if we have to follow the 24 hour puke free policy. Not that she throws up every week, but it's not a rare thing. The office told me to talk to the real school nurse about it when she gets back. I guess the other option is to make sure she doesn't tell anyone when she throws up from a weak stomach.

3. We had an earthquake in Illinois this morning around 4:30am. We didn't feel it but they say in city in the high rises they felt it. It was in Southern Illinois somewhere, not too close to here. Weird. Who knew Illinois has earthquakes?

4. Maddi has a competition again on Sunday. Cade has his first soccer game Saturday. Well, hopefully he has his first game. His first two practices and game were rained out. Supposed to get rain again tomorrow in the morning, but his game is at 4:00 so hopefully they'll play. I'll try to take some pics of the dance and soccer and post them this weekend.

No comments: