Emalyn fell asleep on the 5 mintute ride over to the marina. She had only slept one hour the whole 10 hour drive to Tennesee.
Maddi and Cade thought feeding the fish was so much fun!
After about 15 or 20 minutes, Emalyn woke from her power nap. She wasn't sure what to think of it all at first. I was thinking how miserably hot it was and how I'm pretty sure I would die if I ever moved south again.
Once she woke up a little bit and saw the fish she thought it was really funny.
There were SO many fish!
Cade tried to catch a fish. No luck.
On the drive to and from the marina, Maddi and Cade rode with Uncle Floyd. They were getting onto him about not wearing his seat belt. They were "talking" with Brett and I trying to tell us he wasn't wearing his seat belt as they were driving. It's pretty funny that both my Aunt Shirley and Aunt Lynn have the same silver beatle car.
Emalyn thought Aunt Lynn's house was great. She found this little chair and thought she was so big. That's their little dog, Precious Paco Pack in the background. My aunt named her Precious, but my uncle won't call her that, so he calls her Paco. Those two crack me up!
Emalyn carried that chair all over their living room and kitchen.
Maddi was in heaven when they got to "play" in Aunt Lynn's craft room. Cade thought the embossing machine was pretty cool and hung out for a little bit but then he went back upstairs to watch baseball.
I am so happy that my kids have gotten to see their Aunt Lynn twice now. She is such a sweet lady and it's always nice to have contact with my dad's family.
It's so pretty where Aunt Lynn and Uncle Floyd live in the mountains right by the lake. Emalyn cracked me up because she saw me with the camera and she just walked on over and stood there for the picture.
Me with my family. They were so kind to us and made a yummy meal of lasagna for dinner, followed by strawberry shortcake with ice cream and we even had cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
2 of my favorite little people! Cade is so stinking cute with his little sister. I hope he always adores her as much as he does now.
Aunt Lynn was so kind and gave Maddi so many supplies for stamping and card making. She is a Stamping Up demonstrator and it's crazy how many supplies she has. Maddi is/was in heaven getting so many cool things to craft with. Aunt Lynn was telling Maddi about different techniques she could use for cards.
We finally got Emalyn to smile for pictures. I told her to show her teeth and she made this semi smiling face. Cuteness!
Cade and Maddi thought it was pretty funny.
My 3 favorite little people enjoying the front porch swing before we drove the rest of the way to Myrtle Beach.
The kids finally talked Uncle Floyd into doing some magic before we left.
They are still trying to figure out how he did that. The kids were really wanting to stop back at their house on the way back from Myrtle Beach but Uncle Floyd said no way they could stay. He said they could come back again in 3 years. I swear he hasn't changed at all in the 36 years I've known him. He's so laid back and happy and witty. Aunt Lynn is so calm and kind and caring. It was a wonderful visit and we are so thankful for their wonderful hospitality!
No comments:
Post a Comment